Registered retirement savings plans
A Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) is a tax-deferred savings account designed to help you save for your retirement.
RRSPs offer the following benefits:
- Qualified investments – Common types of investments for an RRSP include stocks, bonds, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), managed investment programs, Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs) and cash.
- Tax deferral – All investments within an RRSP grow tax-deferred until withdrawn.
- Contribution limit– The amount you can contribute is the lesser of 18% of your previous year's earned income OR the maximum contribution limit allowed for the year.
- Contribution deadline – You must make your contribution by the end of the year or within the first 60 days of the new year.
- Tax deduction – Contributions to your RRSP are deducted from your gross income, lowering the taxable amount.
We can help
At Edward Jones, we can help you achieve your financial goals. Contact your local Edward Jones financial advisor to talk about a financial strategy that makes sense for you.