Are you looking to play an important role in a new grandchild’s life? Following are some options you can discuss with your financial advisor.
How to get started
- First, be sure to balance your desire to give with your need for income.
- Learn about the tax considerations of making financial gifts to family members.
- Decide how you want to gift to your grandchild. Your financial advisor can help you explore various options.
- Consult with an estate planning lawyer regarding options for including your new grandchild in your estate plan.
- Help fund your grandchild's future education by gifting money that can be contributed to a tax-advantaged RESP. Be sure to coordinate your planning with your grandchild's parents and other family members.
- Consider using a permanent life insurance policy to create a legacy for your grandchildren.
How we can help
Adding another generation to the family is exciting, and your financial advisor is committed to being there for you through all of life's changes. Contact your Edward Jones financial advisor to learn more.