Putting our clients’ interests first is - and always has been - at the core of Edward Jones' business. We believe regular reviews are one of the most important ways we can demonstrate this commitment to you.
This process allows us to help you stay on track to meet your goals. We will discuss any changes in your life and in the market and make appropriate adjustments to your financial strategy, if needed.
What you can expect
Meeting at least annually, we'll follow this established process:
1. Discuss what's important to you - A lot can change in a year. And you may need to adjust your financial strategy to keep up with any new responsibilities and opportunities you have. This "check-in" gives us a chance to review your goals, how much money you need and when. With a personalized goals analysis, we can help you answer the question, "Am I on track?" And if you're not, we'll discuss what options you may have to get there.
2. Assess your comfort with risk - This is an in-depth conversation about your personal comfort with taking risk - as well as how your risk tolerance affects your ability to achieve your goals. And knowing how you may react to the ups and downs of the market is important, because too often reactions to swings in value, not the fluctuations themselves, have the biggest impact on successful long-term investing.
3. Align your portfolio accordingly - We will review the investments you hold in your account(s) and discuss any adjustments you may want to consider. We'll also discuss what other sources of income or savings you have so we take into account your full financial picture. That way, we can help you stay on track to achieve what's most important to you.
We know spare time is scarce. That's why we offer options that fit your schedule and can meet either in person, by phone or web conference.
Documents to bring to your review
Once you have a scheduled appointment, we may ask for a few things that can give us both a head start to our discussion.
These may include:
- Your answers to the Risk Tolerance Questionnaire
- Statements for any accounts you own outside of Edward Jones that are new or have changed since we last met
- Insurance policy information (for any life insurance, long-term care or disability coverage you carry)
Our continued focus: You
While we will always continue to refine our processes to serve you better, our branch team remains committed to providing exceptional service. We will partner with you to build and refine your personalized financial strategy for the long term.
Is your financial strategy on track? We can help. Contact your local Edward Jones financial advisor.