Planning your estate is one of the most important things that you will ever do for yourself and your loved ones.
Estate planning helps you determine how you would like to own and manage your assets and how, when and to whom you want to distribute those assets. A properly planned estate strategy can help you:
• Provide adequately for your loved ones.
• Minimize possible disputes between beneficiaries.
• Reduce current and future taxes.
• Minimize potential government and court interference.
• Provide for business succession or continuity.
It's important to meet regularly with your team of professional advisors, which includes your Edward Jones advisor, your accountant and your lawyer, to review your strategy.
For investors with more complex needs who meet certain prerequisites, the Edward Jones Client Consultation Team can work in partnership with your local Edward Jones advisor to help identify tailored strategies that may move you closer to your goals.