After 9 years in Toronto, I left the Bay Street world of institutional investment research to return to my hometown of Halifax, Nova Scotia. I did this because it feels right to use what I know to help people and their loved ones, rather than corporations and insurance companies.
My team and I help our clients with three things:
1) Making responsible decisions with large sums of capital. Typically this may come from accumulated savings over many years; the sale of a home; an exit from a business; an inheritance received; a pension payout after leaving a role; or the payout of an insurance policy.
2) Building lifelong financial security. We are here to make sure our clients and their loved ones are on the right path to living their best lives, now and in the future.
3) Dreaming big and making the world a better place. This happens when clients reach a stage where they have more capital than they need to support their goals and desired lifestyle.
My practice has a special area of focus on strategic charitable giving, or the third point above. Here, my team and I work with our clients and their families to develop a thoughtful approach to have the greatest impact with the communities and institutions that matter to them. We then build that approach into a broader plan for transferring assets from one generation to the next. Our relationships with the charitable sector and with professionals experienced in structuring significant gifts and estate plans; our commitment to creating socially responsible investment portfolios; and our familiarity with different giving vehicles, in particular the Donor Advised Fund, are unique benefits we offer our clients.
Those who work with us value our clear and responsive communication, unbiased and independent advice, and being able to leave their financial considerations with a team of trusted professionals so they can say "Wonderful, you handle all of this so we can stop worrying about it!"
We welcome the opportunity to build a lasting relationship with you and your loved ones. Let's make the world around us a better place, together.
- Charitable Giving
- Intergenerational Planning
- Socially Conscious Investing
- Wealth Strategies
- Retirement Savings Strategies
- Special Needs Financial Considerations
My Personal Interests
- Auto Racing
Phone NumberNiel MacIntyre at (902) 444-8567
|Mon||08:00AM - 05:00PM|
|Tue||08:00AM - 05:00PM|
|Wed||08:00AM - 05:00PM|
|Thu||08:00AM - 05:00PM|
|Fri||08:00AM - 05:00PM|
Connect on Social
More to explore
Find your financial Starting Point
Planning your financial future? Our Starting Point tool can help you take the first steps.Learn More
Weekly market wrap
A summary of last week's market highlights and economic news.Learn More
Setting your path
We use an established process to help you reach your goals.Learn More